…by allowing your students to access The Apprenticeship Webinar 2021-22 for School Leavers which is due to take place at 3pm on Thursday 22nd July.
Ofsted has recently updated and clarified how it will report on careers guidance. All secondary schools are expected to provide effective careers information, education, advice and guidance (CIEAG), in line with the statutory ‘Careers guidance and access for education and training providers’. As part of this, it is important that schools understand and meet the requirements of the Baker Clause, which came into force in January 2018. If a school is not meeting the requirements of the clause, inspectors will state this in the inspection report. They will consider what impact this has on the quality of CIEAG and the subsequent judgement for personal development. See this recent Schools Week article about a school that has been “rapped by Ofsted for flouting the Baker clause, as the inspectorate begins to police the controversial rule”.
What is the Baker Clause?
Introduced as an amendment to the Technical and Further Education Act 2017, the Baker Clause stipulates that schools must allow colleges and training providers access to every student in years 8-13 to discuss non-academic routes that are available to them (See Appendix A). It is expected that by doing so this will help address the UK’s productivity challenges and address skills shortages experienced across several sectors of the economy.
The Apprenticeship Webinar 2021-22 for School Leavers
LMP Education is a national traineeship and apprenticeship training provider, and we will be delivering a 25-minute broadcast to all year 10s, 11s, 12s and 13s across the country to fully explain the apprenticeship route and available opportunities – we would like to invite your pupils to tune in via Zoom at 3pm on Thursday 22nd July 2021.
The agenda will cover the following:
1. About LMP Education
2. Traineeships – what are they and how can they get you onto an apprenticeship?
3. Apprenticeships – Key Facts & Considerations.
4. Who We Work With
5. Traineeship & Apprenticeship Opportunities
6. Eligibility & Application Process.
7. English & Maths Exams.
8. Next Steps.
Other School Webinars
If you missed our recent apprenticeship webinars aimed at School Leaders (featuring Oasis, Outwood and Ormiston), please check them out! We have hundreds of apprentices placed within schools across the country and we work closely with several of the largest multi-academy trusts.
- Making Best Use of Apprenticeships in Schools” with guest speakers from 2 of our biggest clients, Oasis Communtiy Learning (52 academies) and Outwood Grange Academies Trust (32 academies) discussing the strategies they implemented to make the best use of their apprenticeship levy funding. To view the recording, please click here.
- “Apprenticeships for Schools – All Your Options” with a guest speaker from Ormiston Academies Trust (36 academies), discussing the strategies they implemented to make the best use of their apprenticeship levy funding. To view the recording, please click here.
Useful link for schools – check out the Amazing Apprenticeships website and explore over 200 free inspirational resources for teachers, parents and students.
LMP Education is a social impact organisation with the mission to inspire ambition and widen horizons. We were recently shortlisted for the “Rate My Apprenticeship” Top 50 Training Providers 2021-22 and our learners currently rate us 9.3 out of 10 – see recent article highlighting our recent achievements.
If your school or organisation would like to find out more about our apprenticeship training programmes and FREE apprentice recruitment services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact